Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Vatican... Food, Sexy Shoppe, Sex?... The Girl in the Purple Tank Top

Today was Religious Rome Day... aka Vatican Day!!! :) It was so beautiful! This was a breathtaking experience that is impossible to describe but I'll do my best (I have over 200 photos to share once I'm home).
Here is a list of everything we saw and did today:

**Bus Ride to the Vatican (Saw the Vatican and learned about where he gives Wednesday mass, and learned about the white/black smoke that comes from the Sistine Chapel)


**St. Peters Basillica (All Popes are buried in the tombs beneath the church, some are even mummified and waxed in the church itself. This is the home to the bones of Peter, remenants of Christ's Crucifix, The Statue of St. Peter [this is the statue that people come from all over the world to touch the feet of St. Peter], and so many amazing mosaics and sculptures).


**Angel Castle (Yes, this is the Castle from the book/movie Angels and Demons. It was so beautiful and it had the best views of the city)



**The Sistine Chapel and Vatican Museum (For one thing, I cannot even put into words how BEAUTIFUL the Sistine Chapel was... I stood there for over 20 minutes just staring at the ceiling and walls. We weren't allowed to take photos in it... but we'll see what I can manage to find... hee hee [one of my roomies is sassy and skilled at taking hidden pictures]).




**Shopped in the local markets and bought some beautiful things and PRESENTS.
**********Two fun stories about the markets today, we saw some guys selling purses on the sidewalk, then a car started to drive towards them, they grabbed the purses they were selling, and began to run away. The car slammed in park and two guys jumped out to chase them... my guess is... the purses were STOLEN... Nice
**********Some other guy tried to sell us purses that had a secret compartment in them. He said they were good for hiding things you didn't want people to see... then the conversation that followed went something like this:
"Man: You ladies have boyfriends
**NOD**
Man: Then this is good for sex and hiding condoms. I like sex. I sex my girlfriend everyday. But I always wear a condom. Hide condoms in this purse.
Ellis: Condoms are a wise decision"


**Ate Dinner at a restaurant right outside of the Pantheon (I must admit this was by far the most expensive place I've gone... but by far the most delicious food I think I've ever eaten. The Bruschetta was PHENOMENAL).

**Walked the streets to the Spanish steps and ate gelato on them. It was so tastey! (The Chocolate tastes like Brownie batter!!!!)



Tomorrow I move to Florence, so I am not sure when I will update next. I have Florence tours Wednesday and Thurday, A Cinque Terre Excursion on Friday, and I believe we're hopping on a train to Pisa on Saturday! So hopefully by then I will have internet and be able to update the blog. But until then Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment