Friday, May 22, 2009

I'm on a boat, I'm on a boat, Everybody look at me I was tourin' on a boat


Today was the day we went to Cinque Terre! Cinque (5) are the five beautiful cities along the Mediteranean sea. They are connected by sea ports, foot pathes, rail ways, and roads. The most common and scenic way to view these cities though is on the boat!



We started off our day today by taking a 2 hour bus tour to La Spenzia. This city is really only known for its ports to Cinque Terre and the naval military fleets that frequent the area. Today we heard them testing their canons.





After that we went to Portovenere. This was a beautiful city right on the coast. There I impulse bought this cute dress. :) I LOVE IT!
(Chelsea, Ellis, Me, Jessica, and Emma)


We boated past so many different cities and places that I'm just going to upload photos for you all to view. We stopped in the last and largest of the Cinque Terre cities and that was Monterosso. It is the most popular for tourists and has the best beaches.
This cross was built and is there as a reminder of the soldier lost at sea and while serving in the military.



(Monterosso)

While in Monterosso today we saw a lemon farm (so pretty) and stopped at this pub that was based on the 1990's in America. All of the sandwiches were named after bands, Sublime, Incubus, Cake, Linkin Park, etc. I had Cake, it was on Foccacia bread with ham, mozzerella, tomato, lettuce, mustard, and cocktail sauce. It was SOOOOOOOOO delicious! Plus there was a Rocky Horror Picture Show poster up in the pub which made me smile REALLY big!

Lovers lane or La Via Dell'Amore, is a beautiful footpath that connects Montarollo and Riomaggiore. It's a 0.5mile walk/hike. This actual footpath would take 5 hours to walk through all 5 cities, but only this portion is known as Lovers Lane. The pictures will show you why!


Interlocking hearts with past lovers locks placed on them, symbolize ever lasting love. This is the entrance to Lovers lane.

Here I am sitting on a seat of the famous symbol of lovers lane. Behind me and around me is a wall of locks that people have locked with their names on them.

It was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. I took over 200 photos again today and could have taken more! I used the telephoto lens I have and the pictures turned out so amazing!!!!

Well I should hopefully update again tomorrow. Our plans have changed and instead we are headed to Sienna and Montepulciano tomorrow, and then Pisa and Lucca on Sunday. So who knows, maybe I'll finally be able to get Gabbi the real sparkely present she wanted. Until Later, Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment