Tuesday, June 2, 2009

On Holiday We Saw A Building Almost Fall....

Today was the Italian Holiday, Founding to the Republic (kind of like our Independence Day minus the parades and Fire works). So that being said... We had today off from school! (It makes up for not being off on Memorial Day). So after sleeping in and relaxing, we decided to hop a train to PISA for the afternoon.
It was only an hour train ride from Florence, on this beautiful sunny day. Once we got there we hopped on a bus to take us to the tower. I took a lot of the typical cheesy tourist photos, holding the tower up and etc, but I've only posted the good ones.


The Tower is really leaning... I took this picture as level with the ground as I could.
The Ladies in front of the Tower (Me, Lauren, Jess, Darcy, and Ellis)
Lately I've been working on some more photography assignments... the topics were portraits and self portraits. I may post a few once I'm done photoshopping them in class. It was a lot of fun learning how to take photos of others, and then learning how to utilize the camera and light to take unique self portraits. I'm really enjoying this class. I hope I can get some use out of it once I'm done being here.
This weekend I'm headed to Venice, Verona, and Lake Garda, so check back on Sunday evening to see an updated blog. I will try to post before then, who knows, I'll see if theres anything else exciting going on in Italy... LOL!
Ciao!



No comments:

Post a Comment